White Christmas Incrediballs (Paleo)
White Christmas Incrediballs
Alyse CoCliff – Nutritionist
Founder & Qualified Nutritionist (BHSc Nutritional Medicine)
Who says you have to let your health go come the festive season? No one! These Paleo White Christmas Incrediballs make a wonderful addition to any Christmas feast (the little specks of deep pink cranberries and white coconut flakes means they will even match your decor!). They also make the perfect gift for those you want to spoil with a little extra love over the Christmas break.
These delicious balls store in the freezer for weeks at a time, so it’s easy to make them ahead of schedule and cross one more thing off your to-do list come Christmas day.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries*
- 1/2 cup dried apricots*
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- 1 very generous tablespoon of coconut oil (I use Loving Earth)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut for rolling
- In a food processor add nuts, dried fruit, vanilla (optional) and coconut oil.
- Process on high for approximately 15 seconds.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and roll into a ball using your hands. If the mixture doesn’t hold together well, return it to food processor and add another serving of coconut oil before processing for another 5-10 seconds.
- Take desiccated coconut and pour it onto a large dinner plate.
- Take a small portion of the fruit and nut mixture (I like to use a half a heaped tablespoon), again rolling into a ball using your hands. Roll in the desiccated coconut and set aside until all balls are complete.
- Transfer all finished balls to the freezer to set. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Store in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve.
Notes: Always ask your local health food store for preservative and sulphate free varieties of dried fruit.