Physiotherapist and Pilates Instructor
B.Exercise Science and Public Health
Claire is an Australian-trained physiotherapist who graduated from the Australian Catholic University with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy. Claire commenced her career working in a hospital setting in Brisbane and this is where she developed her love and passion for Pelvic Health Physiotherapy. Claire has remained in the field of Pelvic Health since then and has completed extensive professional development in this area.
Throughout Claire’s time working in the area of Pelvic Health, she has delivered high-quality care to an ante-natal, post-natal, gynecological, and colorectal populations in both public and private sectors in Brisbane, London, and the Gold Coast. She has worked within both Uro-Gynaecological and Colorectal teams in tertiary hospitals and has been a Senior Pelvic Health Physiotherapist in these settings. Claire now works in the private setting at both The Living Well Studio and Coast Colorectal Suites at John Flynn Hospital.
In Claire’s personal life she loves being physically active and carries this over into her physiotherapy work. She is an avid runner and enjoys instructing both matwork and reformer pilates. Claire has spent time delivering ante-natal and post-natal education workshops in both Australia and London and additionally has been involved in educating university students in the area of Women’s Health physiotherapy.
Claire prides herself on keeping up to date with the latest evidence so she can provide the highest quality care to the people she treats. Some of the recent training she has completed includes:
- Advanced Pelvic Floor- Bowel Conditions – Women’s Health Training Associates
- Research Updates – The Childbearing Year – Women’s Health Training Associates
- Chronic Pelvic Pain – Genitourinary and Anorectal pain disorders (Advanced level 3) – Women’s Healthy Training Associates
- Hypno-Birthing Australia Supportive Caregiver Training
- Advanced Pelvic Floor- Overactive Bladder- Women’s Health Training Associates
- Advanced Pelvic Floor- Considerations with Exercise & Sport- Women’s HealthyTraining Associates
- Physiotherapy Assessment and Management of Lower Bowel Dysfunction – POGP London
- Advanced Pelvic Floor course – Assessment, Management, and Treatment of Pelvic organ prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence- Women’s Health Training Associates
- Level 1 & 2 APPI Equipment Pilates Training- Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute
Conveniently located at 2/5 Stevenson Crt Burleigh, Gold Coast.
We boast a purpose-built Pilates Studio with professional reformer equipment to deliver a full range of Pilates programs to suit your needs.