Physiotherapist and Pilates Instructor
B.Exercise Science and Public Health
Claire is an Australian trained physiotherapist who graduated from the Australian Catholic University with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy. After graduating Claire commenced working in a hospital setting in Brisbane where she worked in an array of physiotherapy areas including Women’s Health, Orthopedics, Respiratory, Intensive Care, Paediatrics, and General Medical. During this period she developed a special interest in Women’s Health Physiotherapy and then commenced her career working in the Women’s/Pelvic Health area at the Mater Mother’s Hospital in Brisbane. Claire has remained in the field of Pelvic Health since then and this is truly where her passion and love for physiotherapy lies.
Throughout Claire’s time working in the area of Pelvic Health, she has delivered high-quality care to an Ante-natal, Post-natal, and Gynaecological population in both public and private sectors in Brisbane and London. After working at the Mater Mothers Hospital she moved to London in 2017 and commenced working at University College London Hospital within an Uro-Gynaecological multi-disciplinary team. After this, she worked as a Senior Physiotherapist within the Pelvic Health area and also started working privately in Central London. Claire has now moved back home to Australia and has relocated to the Gold Coast for a change of lifestyle from Brisbane.
Claire is committed to her ongoing professional development. She has completed various courses including:
- Advanced Pelvic Floor- Overactive Bladder- Tarryn Hallam- Women’s Health Training Associates (February 2019)
- Advanced Pelvic Floor- Considerations with Exercise & Sport- Tarryn Hallam- Women’s Health Training Associates (February 2019)
- Physiotherapy assessment and management of lower bowel dysfunction- POPG- (June 2018)
- Advanced Pelvic Floor course – Assessment, Management, and Treatment of Pelvic organ prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence- Taryn Hallam- Women’s Health Training Associate (January 2017)
- Pessary fitting practical- Taryn Hallam- Women’s Health Training Associates (January 2017)
- Introductory Clinical Education course – Griffith University (February 2017)
- Explain Pain- NOI Group – Butler & Moseley (June 2016)
- Introduction into Women’s Health- Taryn Hallam- Women’s Health Training Associates (December 2015)
- Level 1 Matwork – Queensland Institute of Pilates (September 2014)
Claire, herself loves being physically active and this carries this over into her physiotherapy work. She has experience instructing exercise classes including matwork and reformer pilates, cardio and strengthening circuit classes, and hydrotherapy classes to an ante-natal, post-natal, and gynaecological clientele. She has spent time delivering ante-natal and post-natal education workshops in both Australia and London and additionally has been involved in educating university students in the area of Women’s Health physiotherapy.
Conveniently located at 2/5 Stevenson Crt Burleigh, Gold Coast.
We boast a purpose-built Pilates Studio with professional reformer equipment to deliver a full range of Pilates programs to suit your needs.