Alyse recipe : Strawberry & Rocket Salad
Strawberry & Rocket Salad
Alyse CoCliff – Nutritionist
Qualified Nutritionist (BHSc Nutritional Medicine)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Servings: 4 people
The perfect salad for a summer barbecue.
- 500 grams Rocket washed
- 400 grams Fresh Strawberries washed and chopped
- 3/4 small red onion finely sliced
- 150 grams goat’s fetta
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 3 medium radish thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 6 strawberries, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- On a large serving platter or in a large serving bowl, layer the salad ingredients as listed.
- In a blender or liquid measuring cup, combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until fully blended. Taste, and add more salt or pepper if needed. The dressy should be tart and tangy.
- When you’re ready to serve the salad, drizzle vinaigrette on top, and toss to combine. Serve ASAP. If you would like to store the salad, serve vinaigrette separately.