Roast Vegetable Frittata Recipe
Roast Vegetable Frittata
Alyse CoCliff – Nutritionist
Founder & Qualified Nutritionist (BHSc Nutritional Medicine)
Quick and simple, this Roasted Vegetable Frittata is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Make ahead of schedule for a fuss free meal on the go.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Cuisine: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
Servings: 4 people
2 cup pumpkin, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
1 small brown onion, thinly diced
½ cup green peas
1 small red capsicum, thinly diced
2 generous handfuls baby spinach
100g sundried tomatoes, drained
100g goat’s cheese optional
6 free-range eggs
1/3 cup dairy or almond milk
2 tbsp. olive, coconut oil or ghee
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Grease a 6cm deep, 20cm (base) square ovenproof dish.
- Place diced pumpkin in a bowl. Add oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange pumpkin mixture, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin has softened. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large pan, lightly sauté brown onion. Add cooked pumpkin, peas and capsicum and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and stir through until softened. Remove from the heat.
- Crumble goat’s cheese over the mixture whilst it is still warm and stir through sun dried tomatoes. Spread vegetables over base of the prepared square baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the vegetable mix, shaking dish gently to allow egg to spread to base. Bake frittata in the oven for 25 minutes or until top is golden and centre is set.
- Set aside for 10 minutes. Cut into 4 pieces. Enjoy with a side salad